The Barnard Registrar will be inputting AP scores on an individual basis throughout the summer. By the end of the summer, you should be able to see credits for qualifying AP scores noted on your unofficial transcript on myBarnard.
When you arrive on campus for Orientation, if you don't see credit you are expecting or have questions about AP credit, then you will be able to visit the Registrar's office (107 Milbank) to inquire in person.
Important Reminders About AP Credit:
- See AP Credit policies online at https://barnard.edu/student-services/registrar/obtaining-external-credit/advanced-placement-credit
- Qualifying AP scores will count toward the 122 credits needed for graduation, but they will not exempt you from any General Education requirements. In some cases, you may be able to use your AP scores to begin your study of a particular subject on a higher level.
- AP credit policies are different for students who entered Barnard in Fall 2016 and thereafter than for previous classes -- be sure that you're looking at the information that applies to your class.
- Credit will be granted either for AP or for the equivalent college course, but not for both.
- Students may receive a maximum of 30 points for AP plus IB credit