By the end of the summer, you should be able to see credits for qualifying IB scores noted on your unofficial transcript on myBarnard.
When you arrive on campus for Orientation, if you don't see credit you are expecting or have questions about IB credit, then you will be able to visit the Registrar's office (107 Milbank) to inquire in person.
Important Reminders About IB Credit:
- See IB Credit policies online at https://barnard.edu/registrar/external-credit/ib
- Credit is granted for individual Higher Level scores only. No credit is given for Subsidiary Level.
- Qualifying IB scores will count toward the 122 credits needed for graduation, but they will not exempt you from any General Education requirements. In some cases, you may be able to use your IB scores to begin your study of a particular subject on a higher level.
- IB credit policies are different for students who entered Barnard in Fall 2016 and thereafter than for previous classes -- be sure that you're looking at the information that applies to your class.
- Credit will be granted either for IB or for the equivalent college course, but not for both.
- Students may receive a maximum of 30 points for AP plus IB credit.