To enroll in a P.E. course, you must do the following:
- Register for the lottery on myBarnard. Register between 9:00 am on Tuesday, September 3rd and 12:00 noon on Friday, September 5th. You may register at any time during this open lottery period; your odds do not increase if you submit your form sooner than later. When you register, you will be asked to rank three class preferences. You can find the schedule for all P.E. courses here in the Physical Education department’s section of online Directory of Courses. Before submitting your list, make sure that your selections do not conflict with your academic courses. Note: While being given preference guarantees you a place in a P.E. course, it does not guarantee you your first choice.
- Rosters for each P.E. course will be posted online in the P.E. lottery section of myBarnard after 5:00 pm on Friday, September 5th. Search for your name to find the course in which you have been placed.
- Once you are assigned to a P.E. course, you must then add the course to your online academic program, using the 5-digit call number assigned to the course. The course must be listed as part of your final program on myBarnard as approved by your adviser, or you will not receive credit for the course. If you add the P.E. course to your program after your adviser has approved your program, you must ask your adviser to re-approve your program.
- If the lottery does not assign you to a course, you should speak to the Physical Education department on Monday, September 8th and/or attend the first class meeting of P.E. courses to see if space is available.
- If you change your academic program after September 6th and the change causes a conflict with your assigned P.E. course, you should speak to the Physical Education department on Monday, September 9th and/or attend the first meeting of other P.E. classes to see if space is available.
- Begin attending the P.E. class during the second week of academic classes. P.E. classes will begin meeting on Monday, September 8th. If you miss the first class meeting, your place may be given away to another student.
Note: The credit for a P.E. class will not appear on your myBarnard program until after the program filing deadline has passed (i.e., the week of September 15).