Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Introducing the First-Year Team: Fabiha

Hello Class of 2027 and welcome to Barnard!


My name is Fabiha Islam (she/her) and I joined the First Year Team in November 2022. I'm a rising junior and an HEOP student majoring in Computer Science. I'm also a commuter. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

I've worked at a few other roles on campus before being on the First-Year Team. In Spring 2022, I worked as an AV Technological Assistant in the AV Office in Milstein. I was a student worker helping out during the Barnard Reunion at the beginning of last summer, and I'm also working this year's Reunion as well. It was a great chance to meet and interact with alums.

I'm from The Bronx and I've lived in NYC since I was 8. Before that, I lived in Michigan. Outside of school, I like reading and watching TV shows and movies. I've been listening to k-pop a lot more during this past school year. My favorites are TXT and BTS.

Preparing for your first year may be tough and confusing but we're here to help you out and make this process easier! Make sure to reach out to first-year@barnard.edu with any and all questions you may have! If you have any questions for me, my email is fi2191@barnard.edu!