Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Introducing the First-Year Team: Lauren

My name is Lauren Quach (pronouns: she/her) and I am the Administrative Assistant to the First-Year and Senior Class Deans in the Deans' Office for Advising and Support as well as a member of the First-Year Team. I have been working at Barnard College for over a year. I am looking forward to helping you navigate through the summer as you prepare for your first year at Barnard!

I was born and raised in The Bronx. Prior to my arrival at Barnard, I went to college at SUNY University at Buffalo for my undergraduate from 2015-2019 where I studied and graduated magna cum laude receiving my B.A. in psychology with a minor in counseling. During my time at UB, I worked in two labs in their psychology department as an Undergraduate Research Assistant for my junior and senior years. After finishing college, I returned back to NYC and went on to pursue my masters at Fordham University Graduate School of Education from 2019-2021 where I studied and received my M.S.E. in Counseling and Personnel Services (School Counseling). I completed my internship at The High School for Math, Science, and Engineering where I counseled 9th-12th grade students using solution-focused and person-centered approaches to address issues such as academic performance, social-emotional issues, attendance, and college and career readiness. I also provided college counseling where I educated students about graduation requirements, the college application process, scholarships, post-high school options, and served in leadership roles such as SAT and AP Administration Assistant Coordinator and Project Manager for 11th Grade Individual Family College Prep Meetings.

When I am not working, I love to spend my time reading books and comics, playing video games, exercising, watching TV shows and movies (especially animation), listening to music, and attending fan conventions such as New York Comic Con.

Please feel free to reach out to us at first-year@barnard.edu if you have any questions and check the blog regularly. We are more than happy to help and make your transition into Barnard as smooth as possible!